[gmx-users] result of do_dssp

Nur Syafiqah Abdul Ghani pqah123 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 03:29:32 CET 2014

Dear All,

I'm running an analysis of secondary structure by using do_dssp
program in GROMACS. The problem that i had was the result..I dont know
how to read the result..Its because there were amount for each of
alpha helix,beta sheet and so on but when i'm comparing others works,
their paper just showed the percentage of each helices and sheet.
Correct me if i'm wrong..When i read the result of do_dssp,below of
the result stated the percentage and is that the amount that i should
take??

In addition,after run do_dssp they will create the .xpm picture
right?but after convert the file format,mine can't be opened and
read.May i know why?

Thanks in advance..

--
Best Regards,

Nur Syafiqah Abdul Ghani,
Theoretical and Computational Chemistry Laboratory,
Department of Chemistry,
Faculty of Science,
Universiti Putra Malaysia,
43400 Serdang,