[gmx-users] LIE method

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jan 13 02:50:31 CET 2014

On 1/12/14, 5:18 PM, Mahboobeh Eslami wrote:
> dear Justin thanks a lot
> I use Amber03 force field and TIP3P water model for my system. following options
> are used in first my mdp file:
> nstlist  = 5
> rlist  = 1.0
> rcoulomb = 1.0
> rvdw  = 1.0
> I have following questions. if possible, please answer them.
> 1) are these options good for LIE method? do LIE method need especial options?

Run settings like these are dependent upon the force field.  LIE is simply a
post-processing technique.

> 2) I saw following advice in gmx forum " save a lot of frames to get reasonably
> accurate numbers " (http://gromacs.5086.x6.nabble.com/PME-td4450969.html)
> do you have especial comment for frame saving?

No insight there.  I am not familiar with the details of what was proposed in
that post.  As far as I know, most people do not attempt to re-figure energies
like that; they simply re-process using RF or long cutoffs (RF is better).

> 3)  I use *coulombtype = *cutoff  and rcoulomb = 1.0 in new mdp file for
> rerun energies. are these options good or not?

No, plain cutoffs are very inaccurate.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy