[gmx-users] errors with charmm36 ?

hubert santuz hubert.santuz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 14:55:26 CET 2014

Hi,

I just came across this issue a few days ago (with charmm-gui also).
In fact, atoms C13, C14 and C15 should be just after the C12 atoms in
the pdb (to match the itp file).

Here a piece of code that I used to retrieve the good order for all POPC
molecules in your gro file (on unix platform) :

for i in `grep "POPC   C13" yourfile.gro --line-number | awk -F: '{print
$1}'`
do
     j=$((i-3))
     (echo "${i}m${j}"; echo w; echo q ) | ed yourfile.gro
done

Basically, ed is used to move each line "POPC C13", 3 lines above. (6
lines for C14 and 9 lines for C15).

Beware also that a  certain number of atom's name are wrong also :
"0C21" (charmm-gui file) --> 'C210' (itp file)
"1H10" --> 'H101'
etc.
In this case, 'sed' is a great tool ;)

Cheers,