[gmx-users] name problem

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 14 18:47:39 CET 2014

On 1/14/14, 12:37 PM, Albert wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I found a problem of lipids name when I use editconf each time. My lipids name
> are: POPC and POPG. When I run command:
>
> editconf -f em.gro -o em.pdb
>
> the name of my lipids for both POPC and POPG are "POP". I am just wondering how
> can we solve this problem by exporting the full name of lipids?

editconf only writes 3 characters for PDB residue names, per standard format.
The same is true with other Gromacs programs like trjconv.  Either stick with
.gro format, which permits 4 characters, or write a script to post-process the
output.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy