[gmx-users] Installing Gromacs 4.6.5 - Problem with FFTW

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 18:30:23 CET 2014

Hi,

I am trying to install Gromacs 4.6.5 on Kubuntu. My Kubuntu skills are not
> that good, so I kept close to the Install Instructions. I skipted the
> "Quick
> and Dirty Instrucitons" and now I should be at the point "4.1 Configuring
> with CMake". When I insert "cmake ..", I recieve:
>

> Can anyone tell me, do I have a problem or not?

Clearly our message hasn't communicated well to you. Maybe we need to
improve it. What is it about the message that you don't understand?

Because I installed the FFTW3 files to the directory:
> /home/marvin/Downloads/gromacs-4.6.5/src/contrib/fftw/fftwBuild-prefix/lib
> Do I have to link something here?? If that is true, can anyone tell me
> what I have to insert to the console? As I mentioned, my Linux skills are
> very poor.

The above instructions suggested you should now "proceed with the build."
Is that what you're asking for?

Mark