[gmx-users] Linking problem

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:17:36 CET 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Xu Dong Huang <xudonghmath at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I just finished upgrading to gromacs 4.6.5, but I’m having trouble making
> a link to the gromacs command files in GMXRC for permanent use where I
> don’t have to keep doing source /usr/…GMXRC anymore whenever I open up a
> new terminal window. (the installation instruction on gromacs doesn’t show
> much about how to go about that) Can someone give me some insight, thanks.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions#4.11._Getting_access_to_GROMACS_after_installation
says
"You may wish to arrange for your login scripts to do this automatically;
please search the web for instructions on how to do this for your shell."
:-) We can't really be more specific, because there's lots of versions of
lots of shells and customizing your setup should really be your business...
Maybe we should add specifics for bash, since it seems most popular?

Hope that helps!

Mark