[gmx-users] Question Re. KALP-15 in DPPC tutorial

jhosamelly ducut_melsarose at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 05:21:32 CET 2014

Thanks Justin. I fixed the problem earlier but when I got to

"2. Pack the lipids around the protein

The easiest method I have found so far for packing lipids around an embedded
protein is the InflateGRO methodology (ref), available here. First,
concatenate the protein and bilayer structure files:

cat KALP_newbox.gro dppc128_whole.gro > system.gro

Remove unnecessary lines (the box vectors from the KALP structure, the
header information from the DPPC structure) and update the second line of
the coordinate file (total number of atoms) accordingly."

I don't know what file to edit. Remove unnecessary lines in what file?
Thanks
BTW, I just saw that you are the one who made this tutorial! Thank you for
that. :) Such a great help.