[gmx-users] graphics card fail during mdrun

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 15:56:53 CET 2014

The behavior of most programs in case of a hardware failure is
undefined. However, as an MD simulation is quite sensitive to data
corruption, the simulation will most often crash immediately after
such an event. However, I can also imagine that mdrun ends up hanging,
e.g. waiting for data from the GPU.

How do you know that the card has failed? In what way did it fail?
Were you using both cards?

Btw, the Quadro 2000 is a rather slow card, did it really improve
performance using it together with the C2075 (in the same
run/simulation)?

--
Szilárd