[gmx-users] restart the calculation----- checksum error

Guo, Yanan (IPC) yanan.guo at partner.kit.edu
Wed Jul 2 11:59:07 CEST 2014

Hello dear gmx-users,

I tried to restart the calculation, but there is always one checksum error as:

Program mdrun_mpi, VERSION 4.6.1
Source code file: /home/kit/ipc/nw2011/gromacs-4.6.1/src/gmxlib/checkpoint.c, line: 2155

Fatal error:
Checksum wrong for 'pull.xvg'. The file has been replaced or its contents have been modified. Cannot do appending because of this condition.

But I did nothing to this pull.xvg file......

I ever did this restarting before, and I found if I didn't output the  (xx).xvg file, the restarting calculation works.

So one solution maybe that I redo the calcuation without outputting the pull.xvg file....but it will takes quite a long time again...

Anybody has some suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Best
Yanan