[gmx-users] Changed order of molecules in top

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 2 17:29:25 CEST 2014

On 7/2/14, 11:17 AM, Emma A wrote:
>> Without seeing the full contents of all the files, none of this really makes
>> sense.  If you can provide a link to download the full (1) topology and all
>> related .itp files, (2) coordinates, and (3) .mdp files, I will take a look.
>>
>> -Justin
>>

> Hi again,
> thanks a lot for taking your time.
> Here is a link to the top (and test.top with just one IMI), the gro, the
> itp´s, and the mdp files.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmz41drsjr0bqkn/ZnHis2Wa2.tar.gz
> I hope this kind of link works.
> Best regards,
> Emma

Here's your problem:

[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
IMI             1

is in imiamberrtp.itp and it should not be.  An .itp file specifies a
[moleculetype] and associated parameters.  The [system] and [molecules]
directives are system-level instructions.  So what's happening is you're telling
grompp that there is an IMI molecule as soon as you #include the .itp file.  A
bit surprising that there aren't any other fatal errors, because technically
this breaks the topology order.  Remove [system] and [molecules] from this .itp
file, correct the [molecules] directive to specify 2 IMI in the .top, and you
should be fine.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601