[gmx-users] hardware setup for gmx

Michael Brunsteiner mbx0009 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 15:46:19 CEST 2014

Hi,

can anybody recommend a hardware setup to perform MD runs (with PME) that has a good
price-performance ratio? ... in particular I'd be interested in learning which combinations
of CPU and GPU can be expected to provide a good FLOPS-per-dollar ratio with the more
recent gmx versions (4.6 or 5.0)?

thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Michael

ps: if your opinion is highly subjective and/or perhaps prone to make particular hardware vendors
really sad, you might want to send your answer only to my email rather than to all gmx-users)