[gmx-users] question about Computational Electrophysiology

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Sat Jul 5 20:12:15 CEST 2014

Dear Tom,

the functionality of the Computational Electrophysiology module
rests on exchanging ions from one compartment with water molecules from
the other compartment, if the ion concentration deviates
from the specified value.

Keeping (also) the number of water molecules constant in the compartments
would mean to take water molecules from one compartment and somehow
insert them into suitable spaces found in the other compartment.
This is not implemented (and also not straightforward to do, although
it could probably be done…)

Best,
  Carsten