[gmx-users] GROMACS 4.6.6 is released

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:42:23 CEST 2014

Hi GROMACS users,

GROMACS 4.6.6 is officially released. It contains many bug fixes, including
significant fixes to non-bonded interactions that use modifiers, of
particular importance in free-energy calculations. We encourage all users
to upgrade their installations from earlier 4.6.x releases. All the
applicable content in 4.6.6 is also found in the 5.0 release.

This is the last planned release for the 4.6 series. Our resources only
permit us to support one stable branch, which is now that of 5.0. We might
revise that and make a new 4.6.7 release if new evidence of serious
problems is found.

You can find the code, manual, release notes, installation instructions and
test suite at the links below. Note that the tests and manual have not
changed since 4.6.5.

ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/gromacs/gromacs-4.6.6.tar.gz

ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/manual/manual-4.6.6.pdf

http://www.gromacs.org/About_Gromacs/Release_Notes/Versions_4.6.x#Release_notes_for_4.6.6

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions_4.6

http://gerrit.gromacs.org/download/regressiontests-4.6.6.tar.gz

Happy simulating!