[gmx-users] Graphene topology file

#SUKRITI GUPTA# SUKRITI002 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Tue Jul 8 07:23:55 CEST 2014

Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I want to simulate a half cell with graphene electrode only on one side, hence i am using pbc in only xy direction i.e. direction of graphene sheet, so that I have a infinite size graphene sheet with no side effects. But if I use 3D pbc then graphene sheet effect will be there on the other side of the box also, which I don't want.

Also if I use 3D PBC or 2D PBC, the major problem is that even after freezing graphene sheet, after doing energy minimization, the sheet remains linear but becomes distorted and new bonds are formed between terminal carbons. I don't know what is the problem with my system.

Regards
Sukriti

Sukriti Gupta (Ms) | PhD Student | Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI at N) | Nanyang Technological University
Interdisciplinary Graduate School | Office: N1.3-B4-14, 62 Nanyang Drive, Singapore(637459)