[gmx-users] Error in system_inflate.gro coordinates does not match

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jul 9 13:47:45 CEST 2014

On 7/9/14, 6:17 AM, RINU KHATTRI wrote:
> hello every one
> I am working on complex with popc membrane i did
>
> perl inflategro.pl system.gro 4 POPC 14 system_inflated.gro 5 area.dat
>
> after this step minimization
>
> grompp -f minim.mdp -c system_inflated.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr
>
> i got error
> Fatal error:
> number of coordinates in coordinate file (system_inflated.gro, 10224)
>               does not match topology (topol.top, 10245)
> i have been removed 6 lipid molecules in my topology file according to
> output i got one thing new in my system_inflate.gro file the written
> displayed atom is 10224 but after counting it is 10536 so if i correct it
> difference is more

I don't know what this means, but the number of atoms that grompp is finding is
going to be correct.

> in topology file [molecule]
> protein chain 1
> UNK            1
> POPC 122
> how to resolve  it

I would venture a guess that UNK has 21 atoms.  I don't know that InflateGRO
handles arbitrary molecules, so it may have gotten deleted upon inflation.
Check system_inflated.gro; it will be very obvious if it is missing.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore