[gmx-users] Graphene topology file

#SUKRITI GUPTA# SUKRITI002 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Thu Jul 10 07:29:52 CEST 2014

Hi Justin,

I did simulation 2 times, once with PBC in xy with walls and other time with pbc in xyz.

For pbc in xy with walls with following wall parameters:

nwall = 2
wall_type = 12-6
wall_density = 5 5
wall_atomtype = opls_995 opls_996
wall_r_linpot = 1
wall_ewald_zfac = 3

Energy minimization runs fine but npt shows following errror and is terminated:

Step 20:
The charge group starting at atom 796 moved than the distance allowed by the domain decomposition in direction X
distance out of cell -0.290927
New coordinates:    2.411    2.006    0.982
Old cell boundaries in direction X:    0.000    2.702
New cell boundaries in direction X:    0.000    2.702
Program mdrun, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: /build/buildd/gromacs-4.5.5/src/mdlib/domdec.c, line: 4124

Fatal error:
A charge group moved too far between two domain decomposition steps
This usually means that your system is not well equilibrated

For pbc in xyz, both energy minimization and npt run but the water is suddenly moving far away from the graphene sheet any tries to agglomerate together causing the box size to increase drastically. It is almost like the box is about to explode. Its size changes from  (2.70200   2.55300   4.00000) to  (11.46117  10.82915  16.96695). The box expands in x,y and z all directions.

Thanks and Regards
Sukriti

Sukriti Gupta (Ms) | PhD Student | Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI at N) | Nanyang Technological University
Interdisciplinary Graduate School | Office: N1.3-B4-14, 62 Nanyang Drive, Singapore(637459)