[gmx-users] Trouble with gmx distance

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 05:55:38 CEST 2014

The help text explains this: "Each selection specifies an independent set
of distances to calculate. Each selection should consist of pairs of
positions, and the distances are computed between positions 1-2, 3-4, etc.

In other words, the selections resemble those that were earlier required by
g_bond, not those by g_dist. The wiki page on tool changes for 5.0 shows an
example if using "plus" in a selection to get the behavior of g_dist to
compute the distance between centers-of-mass of two groups.