[gmx-users] gmx-5.0 does not seem to honour plus/minus signs in topology files

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 11 23:16:21 CEST 2014

On 7/11/14, 5:01 PM, Tsjerk Wassenaar wrote:

>> I'm getting correct +/- behavior for proteins; is this maybe related to
> the fact that you have atom C2 in both the current and the preceding
> residue?  It would be useful for debugging if you could create a minimal
> test case that uses different atom names between the residues.
>>

> That's not how it's done in proteins! A residue has N, and C binding to +N.

Indeed, and perhaps I should have been more clear in what I was saying.  The
error message he's getting is related to duplicated atom indices (something I've
never seen), and the .rtp entries have bonds for "-C2  C1" and "C1  C2" so it is
quite likely that something in pdb2gmx is getting screwed up and it's causing
repetition.  This is why the proteins are still a good control; the linkages are
between non-consecutive atoms, i.e. "-C   N"  but not "N   C."

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore