[gmx-users] Problem related to solvating CNT and then removing out the molecules inside CNT

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 14 02:18:06 CEST 2014

On 7/13/14, 8:14 PM, vivek sinha wrote:
> Thanks Justin.
> But when I am trying to run the energy minimization I get the
> error message "No such moleculetype SOL"
>
> The minim.mdp file that I am using for energy minimization is:
> ; minim.mdp - used as input into grompp to generate em.tpr
> integrator    = steep        ; Algorithm (steep = steepest descent
> minimization)
> emtol        = 1000.0      ; Stop minimization when the maximum force <
> 1000.0 kJ/mol/nm
> emstep      = 0.01      ; Energy step size
> nsteps        = 50000          ; Maximum number of (minimization) steps to
> perform
>
> ; Parameters describing how to find the neighbors of each atom and how to
> calculate the interactions
> nstlist            = 1            ; Frequency to update the neighbor list
> and long range forces
> cutoff-scheme   = Verlet
> ns_type            = grid        ; Method to determine neighbor list
> (simple, grid)
> coulombtype        = PME        ; Treatment of long range electrostatic
> interactions
> rcoulomb        = 1.0        ; Short-range electrostatic cut-off
> rvdw            = 1.0        ; Short-range Van der Waals cut-off
> pbc                = xyz         ; Periodic Boundary Conditions (yes/no)
>

> Can you please suggest how to solve this error.

The only modification to your topology that you need to make is to adjust the
number of SOL molecules in the [molecules] directive.  Doing that won't give
rise to this error.  The error itself is telling you that the SOL moleculetype
has not been declared, i.e. you have not #included a water topology appropriately.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore