[gmx-users] How To Turn Off Electrostatics Linearly in TI Simulations

Yip Yew Mun yipy0005 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 04:59:30 CEST 2014

I read the mdp options for sc-coul, and I understand that by setting to the default option, I’m not applying the soft core energy to the Coulomb interaction. However, if I were to linearly decouple the Coulombic interactions, does it mean I slowly reduce the cut-off for Coulombic interaction to 0 angstroms? If not, what is the technical action to execute in the mdp file?

Thanks.

On 7/13/14, 10:10 AM, Yip Yew Mun wrote:
> Hi all, I?m planning to run thermodynamic integration (TI) simulations with a few lambda values. I read articles and found out that the one of the better ways to deal with these lambda simulations is:
>
> 1. Disable all electrostatics linearly.
> 2. Disable LJ terms by soft core.
>
> Therefore, what I wish to ask is how do I disable electrostatics ?linearly? in the mdp files of these lambda values?

Linear decoupling of Coulombic interactions is the default behavior; please read
the description of the options in the manual (sc-coul being the most directly
relevant to this issue).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601