[gmx-users] Problem related to solvating CNT and then removing out the molecules inside CNT

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Wed Jul 16 07:29:03 CEST 2014

You are just removing waters, so unless it is mixed up with the tube (which it shouldn't be), then the topology doesn't care.  All it really cares about is the atom names and the order.  Your topology should be something like (the .itp could be included within the .top):

CNT.itp will contain
[ moleculetype ]
CNT
[ atoms ]
[ bonds ]
Etc

topol.top will contain
#include "CNT.itp"
#include "correct water model.itp"
[ system ]
CNT with water outside only
[molecules ]
CNT    1
SOL    some large number

conf.gro will contain
CNT with water outside only
 somelargenumber
    1CNT  C1     1   x y z
some#SOL  OW some#   x y z
some#SOL HW1 etc

As long as the order in the topology and the coordinate file matches all will work.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
+61 3 9903 9304