[gmx-users] Error in system_inflate.gro coordinates does not match

RINU KHATTRI nickname.mittu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:53:40 CEST 2014

hello gromacs users
i am working on protein complex with popc membrane
at the time of minimization and shrinking steps my protein complex is out
of the lipid membrane protein is in the lipid membrane till inflate.gro but
after that it is out
i used the minimization script

; minim.mdp - used as input into grompp to generate confout.tpr
"define          = -DSTRONG_POSRES"
integrator    = steep        ; Algorithm (steep = steepest descent
minimization)
emtol        = 1000.0      ; Stop minimization when the maximum force <
1000.0 kJ/mol/nm
emstep      = 0.01      ; Energy step size
nsteps        = 50000          ; Maximum number of (minimization) steps to
perform
energygrps    = Protein UNK    ; Which energy group(s) to write to

nstlist        = 1            ; Frequency to update the neighbor list and
long range forces
cutoff-scheme   = Verlet
ns_type        = grid        ; Method to determine neighbor list (simple,
grid)
rlist        = 1.2        ; Cut-off for making neighbor list (short range
forces)
coulombtype    = PME        ; Treatment of long range electrostatic
interactions
rcoulomb    = 1.2        ; Short-range electrostatic cut-off
rvdw        = 1.2        ; Short-range Van der Waals cut-off
pbc            = xyz     ; Periodic Boundary Conditions

 help