[gmx-users] Gromacs and graphene sheets

Timothy Click tclick at nctu.edu.tw
Wed Jul 16 16:58:44 CEST 2014

I added the -alldih, readjusted the parameters to match the desired distances, etc., and if I don’t freeze anything, I receive the following error upon a minimization attempt.

Steepest Descents:
   Tolerance (Fmax)   =  1.00000e+03
   Number of steps    =        50000
There were 4490 inconsistent shifts. Check your topology

WARNING: Listed nonbonded interaction between particles 6 and 48
at distance 3f which is larger than the table limit 3f nm.

This is likely either a 1,4 interaction, or a listed interaction inside
a smaller molecule you are decoupling during a free energy calculation.
Since interactions at distances beyond the table cannot be computed,
they are skipped until they are inside the table limit again. You will
only see this message once, even if it occurs for several interactions.

IMPORTANT: This should not happen in a stable simulation, so there is
probably something wrong with your system. Only change the table-extension
distance in the mdp file if you are really sure that is the reason.

Cordially,
柯明 Timothy H. Click, Ph.D.
Department of Biological Science and Technology
Institute of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
National Chiao Tung University
208 Lab Building 1, 75 Bo-Ai St.
Dong District, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30062
(R.O.C.)