[gmx-users] Segmentation fault after warning regarding Listed nonbonded interaction

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 17 19:24:33 CEST 2014

On 7/17/14, 1:18 PM, Alexandre Barrozo wrote:
> Hey Vivek,
>

> Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, but I still get the same problem.

Reducing the timestep is just a band-aid for the underlying problems.  Sometimes
it can be useful in initial preparation for very sensitive systems, but in this
case I think it is clear that the topology is not sane.

-Justin

> [...]
>> coordinates
>>> every 1.0 ps
>>> nstvout                 = 500                           ; save velocities
>>> every 1.0 ps
>>> nstenergy               = 500                           ; save energies
>>> every 1.0 ps
>>> nstlog                  = 500                           ; update log file
>>> every 1.0 ps
>>> ; Bond parameters
>>> continuation            = no                            ; first dynamics
>>> run
>>> ; constraint_algorithm  = lincs                         ; holonomic
>>> constraints
>>> constraints             = none                          ; all bonds (even
>>> heavy atom-H bonds) constrained
>>> ; Neighborsearching
>>> cutoff-scheme           = Verlet
>>> ns_type                 = grid                          ; search
>>> neighboring grid cells
>>> nstlist                 = 30                            ; 20 fs, largely
>>> irrelevant with Verlet
>>> rcoulomb                = 1.0                           ; short-range
>>> electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
>>> rvdw                    = 1.0                           ; short-range van
>>> der Waals cutoff (in nm)
>>> ; Electrostatics
>>> coulombtype             = PME                           ; Particle Mesh
>>> Ewald for long-range electrostatics
>>> pme_order               = 4                             ; cubic
>>> interpolation
>>> fourierspacing          = 0.16                          ; grid spacing
>> for
>>> FFT
>>> ; Temperature coupling is on
>>> tcoupl          = V-rescale                             ; modified
>>> Berendsen thermostat
>>> tc-grps         = Protein Non-Protein                   ; two coupling
>>> groups - more accurate
>>> tau_t           = 0.1     0.1                           ; time constant,
>> in
>>> ps
>>> ref_t           = 1       1                             ; reference
>>> temperature, one for each group, in K
>>> ; Pressure coupling is off
>>> pcoupl          = no                                    ; no pressure
>>> coupling in NVT
>>> ; Periodic boundary conditions
>>> pbc             = xyz                                   ; 3-D PBC
>>> ; Dispersion correction
>>> DispCorr        = EnerPres                              ; account for
>>> cut-off vdW scheme
>>> ; Velocity generation
>>> gen_vel         = yes                                   ; assign
>> velocities
>>> from Maxwell distribution
>>> gen_temp        =  1                                    ; temperature for
>>> Maxwell distribution
>>> gen_seed        = -1                                    ; generate a

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore