[gmx-users] Help Energy Diferences

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jul 22 01:19:21 CEST 2014

On 7/21/14, 1:30 PM, ANDRES ADOLFO ORTEGA GUERRERO wrote:
> Hi Dear Gromacs Users,
>
> I have been dealing with a problem, i run an MD of my sistem , and i see
> problems with my energies due to one of my molecules is a CNT and has no
> charges and its Coul SR are huge, well i though this could be of an error
> in my NDX file ,
> the thing is that i run my MD in my laptop (Mac OS) for really short time
> and there were no mistake, and when i do the MD in my Work (2 Linux
> Computer with GPU Nvidia) with the same files, my energy are totally
> different,
> the version is Gromacs 5-0 rc1,
>
> Could you help me with this?

IIRC multiple energygrps are not supported on GPU, so whatever the .edr file
thinks is CNT-CNT or whatever else is just the energy of the whole system.  This
is a known issue.  If you do a run on GPU, don't use multiple energygrps, just
post-process the trajectory with mdrun -rerun and a .tpr file that has the
desired groups.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601