[gmx-users] Git Gromacs Cygwin Build - Error

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Tue Jul 22 05:50:55 CEST 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM, John Doe <helstreak at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Attempting to build the Git clone (git clone
> https://gerrit.gromacs.org/gromacs)

In general if you are a user and not a developer you want to use the latest
release branch (contains only bugfixes relative since the last version) and
not the master branch (might contain unstable development). For that you
want to use "git clone -b release-5-0 https://gerrit.gromacs.org/gromacs"
or if you have it already cloned "git checkout release-5-0".

> with full Cygwin and following the "Quick and dirty installation"
> instructions, but I'm getting the following error:
>
> --------------------------------------
> [ 91%] Building C object
> src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/utility/baseversion-gen.c.o
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> '//home/User/gromacs/build/src/contrib/fftw/fftwBuild-prefix/lib/libfftw3f.a',
> needed by 'bin/cyggromacs-1.dll'.  Stop.
> CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2000: recipe for target
> 'src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/all' failed
> make[1]: *** [src/gromacs/CMakeFiles/libgromacs.dir/all] Error 2
> Makefile:146: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I just uploaded a patch for this: https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/3813/2

You can either use the patch or don't use GMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW. Cygwin comes
with fftw.

Roland

> Thanks for the help

> * Please search the archive at