[gmx-users] about cos-accelation

Dr. Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 11:50:31 CEST 2014

1) g_energy -vis is always Einstein

g_energy and then select 1/visc term - NE method.

2) I do not think it makes physical sense to distinguish between
viscosities in a mixture because of the definition of viscosity.
Specifying cos-acc will supply extra energy to all particles.

3) Rigorously, one must use a set of values and extrapolate
viscosities to zero-acceleration. Some cunning researchers use a
single small value, though, and say that the uncertainty coming from
extrapolation is within viscosity error bars.

0.05 is a reasonable acceleration to start with, but it depends on the
simulated system.

4) The bug with volume was in the earlier 4th versions. I believe that
it was fixed around ver. 4.5.

Good luck.

Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban