[gmx-users] time accounting in log file with GPU

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 01:30:10 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 12:48 AM, Sikandar Mashayak
<symashayak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mark. -noconfout option helps.

For benchmarking purposes, additionally to -noconfout I suggest also using:
* -resethway or -resetstep: to exclude initialization and
load-balancing at the beginning of the run to get a more realistic
performance measurement from a short run
* -nsteps N or -maxh: the former is useful if you want to directly
compare (e.g. two-sided diff) the timings from the end of the log
between multiple runs

Cheers,
--
Szilárd