[gmx-users] Groups in index.ndx

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Jul 25 13:38:42 CEST 2014

On 7/25/14, 7:23 AM, INPE (Ingrid Viveka Pettersson) wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> I have defined different specific groups in the index.ndx file. My problem is that if I try to add a new group, the old ones are disappearing. Should it be like this?

Depends on the way you're issuing make_ndx.  You can preserve the existing
custom groups when writing a new index file by supplying the old index file as
input to make_ndx.  If you're using default file names (hint: always provide
your exact command!) then it will otherwise be overwritten.

make_ndx -f conf.gro -n old_index.ndx -o new_index.ndx

will preserve your custom groups and allow you to add new ones.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore