[gmx-users] isothermal-isometric ensemble on gromacs

Antonio Baptista baptista at itqb.unl.pt
Tue Jun 3 21:17:56 CEST 2014

Well, the terminology is an old one, but not very common. An isometric
ensemble is generally one in which the "extension" in the mechanical work
term is kept constant. Thus, it may mean that the volume is kept constant
in a volume/pressure system, that the area is kept constant in a
area/surface tension system, that the length is kept constant in a
length/linear tension system, etc. It is perhaps more common in the last
case. Anyway, in the paper you mentioned it is probably just an unusual
way of saying "constant-volume", as Justin pointed.

Cheers,
Antonio