[gmx-users] Eror: No parallel Ewald use PME instead!

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 14:05:42 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Ali Alizadeh <ali.alizadehmojarad at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear Mark,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> When you do not change any parameters except one thing in mdp file(PME to
>
> ewald as the paper said that)and then your system converges, for me it means the problem is related to
>
> choosing the right method for  calculation of the electrostatic potential energy. What's your point on it?

My point is that a flawed model physics, or a flawed system preparation,
can get lucky and run stably, or not. On the information given, there is no
reason to suppose that changing the kind of reciprocal-space approximation
is relevant. Last time I heard a report like this, the person had changed
various nonbonded settings "to make things run faster," and in so doing
produced a junk model physics.

Mark