[gmx-users] hardware problem of GPU?

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:10:33 CEST 2014

Hello Mark:

I contact with my GPU workstation supplier and they said the following:

As mentioned we did all the hardware settings to enable SLI:

1)The graphiccards are connected with the SLI bridge.

2)Additionaly the SLI settings have to be configured in the Nvidia
driver as follows:

Nvidia Tool: http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/nvidia-settings
<http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/nvidia-settings>

SLI Settings:
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/177.68/README/chapter-25.html <ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/177.68/README/chapter-25.html>

Please make sure that these settings work correctly.

We don't know what you mean with "one rank". Do you mean the PCIe slots?
These slots have to be enabled in the BIOS settings and we enabled all
the PCIe slots.

The hardware settings were enabled for SLI when we delivered the
workstations. When we tested the workstations before delivery, SLI was
working. If you want we can controll all the hardware settings to make
sure, that SLI is still enabled in the hardware. Please contact us for
this, a technician can control all the hardware settings with you.

thank you very much.

Albert