[gmx-users] how many groups shall I use to control the temperature?

陈功 gchen511 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:33:56 CEST 2014

Thanks a lot, Justin. I do CG simulation using Martini force field. So maybe I can find some useful infomation on the forum of martini.
Thanks :)

From: Justin Lemkul
Date: 2014-06-12 17:44
To: gmx-users
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] how many groups shall I use to control the temperature?

On 6/12/14, 2:37 AM, 陈功 wrote:
> Dear justin,
>       I have doubts that whether I should use two groups to control the temperature or just one since there are just 604 hundred Protein beads and 60000+ solvent beads. It is said that two groups are more accurate but when when i split them into two groups "Protein nonProtein", I found that fluctulation of temperature in group "Protein" are obvious, Im afraid that would have an effect on accuracy on my simulation results. So how many groups shall I use to control the temperature?

What protocol is used in published studies similar to what you're doing?  Small
groups will have larger fluctuations in temperature, that's a given.  I don't do
CG simulations, so I don't know how such groups are commonly treated.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore