[gmx-users] tunepme does not start

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 01:08:16 CEST 2014

On Jun 17, 2014 11:35 PM, "Soren Wacker" <swacker at ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to use mdrun with -tunepme. When I start it at a clusters login
node everything works fine. However, when I sent it to a cluster it seems
-tunepme gets ignored. mdrun is started and runs the tpr without tuning the
number of PME nodes. I attach an example script and a log file. Any idea
why this might happen?

mdrun -tunepme never changes the number of PME-only ranks. It can shift
load from reciprocal to real space, but only actually does so if there is
enough imbalance. As you can see at the end of your log file, the balance
is good for the number of PME ranks used.

Mark

gromacs.org_gmx-users-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se] on behalf of Chetan
Mahajan [chetanvm10 at gmail.com]

mark.j.abraham at gmail.com