[gmx-users] How to fix protein went out water?

Batdorj Batsaikhan batsaikhanbat at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 07:34:04 CEST 2014

Thank you Justin and Thales.

Best regards,

Batsaikhan

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 11:03 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

On 6/17/14, 10:54 AM, Thales Kronenberger wrote:
> Hi Batsaikhan
>
> You should re-do the simulation, perfoming it within a box of water with
> PBC (you can do this with the editconf)

There is no need to re-do anything.  PBC means it is totally irrelevant whether
the protein is conveniently centered in the box or not; the forces are the same.
  The protein drifting "outside" the box is a total non-issue, since there is no
such thing as "outside" of a periodic system.  All one needs to do is apply
trjconv for convenient visualization, and no action needs to be taken to
continue the run; mdrun doesn't care about our conventions for watching the
trajectory.

-Justin

> Kind regards
> Thales

>> Dear gmx_users,
>>
>> I am working on simulation of protein in water. 10 ns after the protein
>> went out from water. How to fix this? Can I continue my simulation?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Batsaikhan
>> --
>>
>> * Please search the archive at