[gmx-users] grompp

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 18 13:53:01 CEST 2014

On 6/18/14, 3:02 AM, Meenakshi Rajput wrote:
> Hi gromacs users
> I run the grompp command
> (grompp_d -v -f minim.mdp -c sol.gro -o min.tpr -p hsa.top)
>   to generate .tpr file but i got the following error
> Fatal error:
> number of coordinates in coordinate file (sol.gro, 140012)
>               does not match topology (hsa.top, 140027)
> When I opened gro file, only protein and sol molecules are seen in .gro
> file but no ligand molecules. I dont know why it is happening..
> Can anybody help me?

Not really.  You haven't said how you've been keeping track of the system's
contents or how you've constructed the coordinate file.  You're missing 15 atoms
somewhere - does that correspond to the ligand?  Did you modify the coordinate
file in some way?

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601