[gmx-users] Using specbond.dat in pdb2gmx

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jun 18 22:58:24 CEST 2014

On 6/18/14, 4:53 PM, Matthew Stancea wrote:

>>> After editing the pdb only in the area of the names of the atoms (such as HB3), I was able to generate a topol.top file with a bond between the first nitrogen and the last carbon. However, I still have 2 too many hydrogens on the first nitrogen and 1 too many oxygens on the last carbon.
>
>> You need to be using -ter and choosing "None" for both termini, otherwise the
> default behavior takes over and pdb2gmx builds ionized termini.  You don't have
> free termini, so you have to take control of pdb2gmx.
>
>> -Justin
>
> I used the command "pdb2gmx_mpi -ff amber99sb -water tip3p -f 1NB1.pdb -o conf.gro -p topol.top -i posre.itp -inter -ter
> " and was asked about the protonation states for two of the residues, but I was not asked about the termini.

Ah, because it's Amber.  Amber force fields are special and have specific
nomenclature that signifies N- and C-termini, so they automatically get built.
Changing the residue names by removing the N and C prefixes should fix things.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore