[gmx-users] pdb2gmx

mirko busato busato.mirko at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 15:04:52 CEST 2014

Thank you very much for your quick reply,

My peptide is only composed of amino acids, and it has a total charge of 0.
My termini are NH2 and COOH (so the termini are not  ionized). My force field is amber99sb.

I tried to change  for all atoms of my first residue (ASN) the ASN residue with  the  NASN residue name. In the first residue (ASN) there are the 3 atoms of N terminal . In the same way for ARG (the last residue ) with CARG.

With -inter option  in the pdb2gmx command,
If I select Not protonated ARG (charge 0) and the other residues with charge 0, at the end the command says:
Fatal error
"In the chosen force field there is no residue type for 'ARGN' as an ending terminus"

if I select protonated ARG (charge 1) and the other residues  with charge 0, I obtain charge 1 (it is obvious) but my NH2  termini  is changed to NH3 and my COOH in COO. (The command works but in my case the result is wrong because the total charge has to be 0 with NH2 and COOH termini, not ionized).

I don't understand if in my case I have to change ASN to NASN only for the 3 atoms in N terminal( N,H,H) and to change ARG to CARG only for the 4 atoms in C terminal ( C,O2,O1,H)

or change for all atoms of the first residue (ASN), ASN with NASN, and change all atoms of the last residue (ARG) , ARG with CARG.( that I done and described before)..
 If this is the right way, I don't know how to obtain the right result for my peptide.

Could you help me?

I attached  my original .pdb file (not edited), and my edited pdb file.

Thank you very much,

Mirko