[gmx-users] Hamiltonian Replica Exchange

HANNIBAL LECTER hanniballecter13 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 23:39:21 CEST 2014

I would think of using Replica Exchange with Solute Tempering in this case.
Look at the paper as to how one can implement this in Gromacs (doi:
10.1002/jcc.21703).

Without having more details I would suggest to you to scale the Hamiltonian
of each replica such that the Helix bundles are always correspond to the
low temperature hamiltonian. The solute in your case would be the
disordered ends that moves up the replica ladders during the exchange.

The lambda dynamics module should be used and I would keep the topologies
corresponding to the two ends such that at state B the hamiltonians of only
the disordered ends are scaled (i.e. no scaling for the helical segments).