[gmx-users] help with poor performance on gromacs on Cray linux

Tom dnaafm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 22:54:24 CEST 2014

Justin,

I compared the peromance (the time spent for mdrun) using md.log files for
the same simulatin run on Cary Linux and any other Linux system.

I agree different hardware can have different performance.
But these tests were run on the supper computer clusters with very good
reputations of performance. The one on Cray is very slow.

I am the first time to run gmc on Cray linux. I am doubting if there is any
wrong for my installation.

>From the previous dissusion, gmx looks to have performance problem
on Cray linux:
https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-users/2013-May/081473.html

I am also wondering if the newest version solved this issue.

Thanks!

Thom