[gmx-users] dynamic selection memory allocation problem

Teemu Murtola teemu.murtola at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:11:29 CEST 2014

Please file a report a <http://redmine.gromacs.org> with files and the
exact selection necessary to reproduce the problem (a single .gro structure
is likely sufficient). While your approach is likely a very inefficient way
to use the selections (plus/merge is not designed for massive copying, and
your selection probably evaluates some parts multiple times over all the
atoms in the system), it would be useful to find out what is the actual
problem.

Your example is not particularly illustrative, as there is no point in
computing the same distance 15 times...