[gmx-users] md_pull code in umbrella sampling

Arunima Shilpi writetoash28 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 06:33:15 CET 2014

Dear Sir
 I am trying to calculate the potential mean force (PMF) between protein
and Ligand. I have applied position restrain to protein. I have applied
reference pulling group to Protein and Pulling force has been applied to
ligand. The pul force is applied along Z-axis. I had query as to whether I
am proceeding in the right direction. Here I have provided the detail of
the content of md_pull.mdp

md_pull.mdp

title       = Umbrella pulling simulation
define      = -DPOSRES_Protein
; Run parameters
integrator  = md
dt          = 0.002
tinit       = 0
nsteps      = 250000    ; 500 ps
nstcomm     = 10
; Output parameters
nstxout     = 5000      ; every 10 ps
nstvout     = 5000
nstfout     = 500
nstxtcout   = 500       ; every 1 ps
nstenergy   = 500
; Bond parameters
constraint_algorithm    = lincs
constraints             = all-bonds
continuation            = yes       ; continuing from NPT
; Single-range cutoff scheme
nstlist     = 5
ns_type     = grid
rlist       = 1.4
rcoulomb    = 1.4
rvdw        = 1.4
; PME electrostatics parameters
coulombtype     = PME
fourierspacing  = 0.12
fourier_nx      = 0
fourier_ny      = 0
fourier_nz      = 0
pme_order       = 4
ewald_rtol      = 1e-5
optimize_fft    = yes
; Berendsen temperature coupling is on in two groups
Tcoupl      = Nose-Hoover
tc_grps     = Protein   Non-Protein
tau_t       = 0.5       0.5
ref_t       = 310       310
; Pressure coupling is on
Pcoupl          = Parrinello-Rahman
pcoupltype      = isotropic
tau_p           = 1.0
compressibility = 4.5e-5
ref_p           = 1.0
refcoord_scaling = com
; Generate velocities is off
gen_vel     = no
; Periodic boundary conditions are on in all directions
pbc     = xyz
; Long-range dispersion correction
DispCorr    = EnerPres
; Pull code
pull            = umbrella
pull_geometry   = distance  ; simple distance increase
pull_dim        = N N Y
pull_start      = yes       ; define initial COM distance > 0
pull_ngroups    = 1
pull_group0     = Protein
pull_group1     = DRG
pull_rate1      = 0.01      ; 0.01 nm per ps = 10 nm per ns
pull_k1         = 1000      ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2

Regards

Arunima