[gmx-users] Apple cluster

Steve stevesei at ymail.com
Mon Mar 3 18:42:53 CET 2014

I have four quadcore apple computers and I have been informed that Apple has
a "Qmaster" software ( in their Final Cut Studio package) that can do
distributed processing. Has anyone attempted this with Apple using
Gromacs??? Is this feasible?? I have only worked with Linux systems (and
have used MPICH, MPI)..I am not an expert, but would really appreciate some
comments/advice from someone who knows the basics here..

Is the fact that Apple has just started this mean there are a lot of "bugs"
in the system?

Cost-wise and energy-wise do you think it would be smarter to invest in a
small Linux cluster (~ 20-30 nodes) than to assemble this Apple cluster?

Thanks, Steve