[gmx-users] dna with charmm36

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 01:57:39 CET 2014

Hi All

Its in continuation. I am confused about something. In PDB file obtained
from NAB in AMBER I removed all Hydrogens and allow pdb2gmx to add them.
PDB has DC5 as starting and DT3 as end residue and I get this error:

pdb2gmx -ter -ff charmm36-jan2014 -f test.pdb -o test.gro ( with or without
-ignh)

WARNING: atom H3' is missing in residue DC5 1 in the pdb file

         You might need to add atom H3' to the hydrogen database of
building block DC5

         in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)

WARNING: atom H5'1 is missing in residue DT3 10 in the pdb file

         You might need to add atom H5'1 to the hydrogen database of
building block DT3

         in the file merged.hdb (see the manual)

I found DC5 and others (D*5 and D*3) are missing in merged.hdb. Are these
missing or intentionally not added? Also if I change name of DC5 to DC and
DT3 to DT it works fine and all Hs are added without error.

thanks

JIom