[gmx-users] Adding Urea in simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Mar 5 12:12:59 CET 2014

On 3/5/14, 5:58 AM, bharat gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to add 5M urea in a box of volume 1453.73 cubic nm, which is
> equal to 4377 molecules of urea. But while adding it using genbox command,
> I get an error "killed" and the program stops after that. What is wrong
> here, is my calculation correct or the size of box should need to be
> increased ??

Without your actual command(s), there's little to suggest.  genbox is running
out of memory trying to do whatever you've asked.  Try with the 5.0-beta program
insert-molecules; IIRC some memory leaks have been fixed and it is more efficient.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore