[gmx-users] No default U-B types charmm

gromacs query gromacsquery at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:04:28 CET 2014

Hi Justin and Mark

>> You can hack the topology to fix it, but the best bet is to strip
waters, process with pdb2gmx to get a topology for everything that's not
water, then add back the water coordinates from the original coordinate
file and adjust [molecules] accordingly

It worked Thanks. So in brief it goes like this:

1) build membrane with CHARMMgui
2) Remove ions and water from CHARMMGUI pdb and save just the membrane pdb.
Use this pdb with pdb2gmx to get top file (I used charmm36)
3) Modify [molecules] in top file (add ions and waters information manually)

JIom