[gmx-users] Generate many random configurations

rankinb rankinb at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 6 21:05:49 CET 2014

I am generating x number of random configurations by iteratively calling the
genbox command (implemented with a bash script), concatenating the results
to obtain multiple random configurations, and calculating the g(r) over all
configurations.  So in a sense, I am calculating the g(r) over a trajectory,
but the trajectory was not obtained from a simulation.   Here is the bash
script that I am using to do that:

#! /bin/bash
#define number of molecules to add
nmolecules=1
#define box length
boxl=1.50356
for i in {1..10000}
	do
		rn=$i
		genbox -cp coordinates_i.gro -nmol $nmolecules -ci coordinates_i.gro -box
$boxl $boxl $boxl -vdwd 0.01 -seed $rn -o coordinates_out$i.gro
done

cat tba*.gro >> all.gro

As I said before, I would like to set vdwd to zero but am receiving an
error.

Thanks,
Blake