[gmx-users] Area of Mixed lipid Bilayer

Björn Sommer bjoern at CELLmicrocosmos.org
Sat Mar 8 14:53:09 CET 2014

> Dear All,
>
> I have assembled the mixed bilayer of POPC, POPE and Cardiolipin molecules.
> I want calculate the area of each lipid in the bilayer separately. Can
> anyone would suggest me how I would do that ?
>

> Thanks in advance
You should give our APL at Voro a try! It is an interactive program
providing a very fast method to analyze membranes visually (works also
with PDB+trajectories), supporting 2D and 3D plots as well as the option
to select different areas of your membrane and plot the area per lipid
(by the way, you can also analyze the membrane thickness). The tool was
published in JCIM and is open source:

http://www.aplvoro.org

If you have any question, just contact me or directly Gunther Lukat -
who is the main developer of APL at Voro. His email you will find at the
website.

Best wishes
Björn