[gmx-users] Thread affinity error when Running Gromacs 4.6.3 on Bluegene/P

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 10:18:05 CET 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Szilárd Páll <pall.szilard at gmail.com>wrote:

> That's a "normal" side-effect of mdrun trying to set thread affinities
> [1] on a platform which does not support this. Also, this is not an
> error, mdrun should have continued to run.

Indeed. To find the function in which the actual problem oocurs you will
need to run a version configured with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug and inspect
the backtrace. You can see what I think the problem is likely to be at
https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.org_gmx-users/2013-August/083507.htmlbut
unfortunately nobody then supplied the information needed for a proper
resolution.

Note that you would be much better off with upgrading to the latest
> version, there have been many improvements, especially on BG you
> should observe large performance difference.

No, BG/P has no support in 4.6.

Mark