[gmx-users] asking for N and C termini for DNA and giving error

Sucharita Dey csisd at nus.edu.sg
Mon Mar 17 04:35:34 CET 2014

Hello,
Thanks Justin.
Since my protein has a modified DNA residue (methyl cytosine) I have copied the "gromos53a6.ff" folder as well as the "residuetypes.dat" file in my working directory and modified them, where I have inserted my modified DNA residue as DNA and also have renamed DADE, DTHY ... as DNA. Within "gromos53a6.ff", following "Adding a new residue" from gmx-tutorial, I have modified .rtp, .hdb, atomtypes.atp, and residuetypes.dat. In the rtp, hdb files as well DNA is written as DADE, DTHY.... And I am choosing this force field from the current directory while running pdb2gmx. It is not giving error for the modified residue but giving error for DNA terminal. Am I missing anything for which it is not identifying the DNA as "DNA"?
-Sucharita

Sucharita Dey,PhD, Research Fellow, Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, National University of Singapore. 14, Medical Drive,  #12-01, Singapore 117599. Tel: (65) 90355220, email: csisd at nus.edu.sg